Streams, rivers, lakes and wetlands provide habitats for numerous plants and animals – including pests.
The following resources provide information about native, introduced and pest species that live in freshwater systems.
- Wetland plants
- Freshwater macroinvertebrates
- Aquatic insect life
- Freshwater fish of New Zealand
- Ngā ika taketake wai māori o Aotearoa
- Monitoring kōura
- Longfin eels
- Wetland animals
- Introducing New Zealand ducks
- Utilising Tuna navigating our freshwater environment
- Te mana o te wai
- Saving taonga
- River connections
- Observing freshwater invertebrates
- Building a tau kōura
- Freshwater fish of New Zealand quiz
- Which duck is which?
- Mixing and matching ducks
- Duck dominoes
Image: Red hooded orchid (Corybas carsei) at Whangamarino Wetland. Catherine Beard, CC BY 4.0.